Saturday 21 August 2010

What railings?

You may not have noticed but sections of the guardrailings along Ladywell Road have been removed - courtesy of Lewisham council. Below the first guarded responses from a random survey of customers at Oscars cafe.

John: "I hadn't noticed."

Paul: "I use the high street all the time, usually accompanied by my three young children. Initially I thought removing the railings would make it more dangerous. But that's not the case. The street seems safe and it looks a lot better."

Simon: "I didn't think it would make much diffference - but its great! It opens the place up."

Shirley: "I'm not sure. I think the road is a bit dangerous."

Hal: "I'm agnostic. Let's see."

What do you think? Let's hear your views.

1 comment:

sunshinemiss said...

Yes i agree without the railings the area looks alot better! but, what about all the other railings???